At the Bonfire

At the Bonfire
Robot's first hot toddy at the Bonfire

Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Join me on my adventures.

Hello out there in cyberspace. I'm here on this blog to share my story and my adventures as they happen. I am a humble robot living in Portland, Oregon, and I recently began to leave the house.

You see, I was created as a Halloween prop, a labor of love and a brilliant re-use project of cardboard, tin foil, and inspiration. I think my creator didn't realize the magic she held in her hands as she carefully constructed and breathed life into me. Once I was together, people immediately started to fall for me. They wanted to touch me, to dance with me, to drink with me. It was a little overwhelming at first to be so desired, especially after being a reclusive pile of boxes in the basement for so many years. This new life was quite different.

Now, robots don't always love people. In fact, not all robots are capable of love (or hate, or any other significant emotion) at all. From my first moment as a robot, however, I felt a huge, warm surge of love for all those around me and for the exciting experience of being a part of things. I had never felt a part of things before, and suddenly there was this seductive draw to get out! Explore! Join my community! Sample lots of drinks!

And so it turns out that I was born to party. I want to share with the world that robots, too, can have feelings, thoughts, opinions, and have fun. And that's my plan: from now on, I am having FUN. No more basement for me. I'll be getting out on the town from now on...I plan to explore this city up and down. If you have ideas or suggestions for activities or establishments I ought to visit, please do share. And folks in Portland, stop and say hello if you see me out in the world...I'm all for making new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment