At the Bonfire

At the Bonfire
Robot's first hot toddy at the Bonfire

Sunday, December 6, 2009

Hot toddies on a chilly day


If anyone ever tells you that robots can't feel the cold, that is straight-up wrong. I, at least, can definitely feel the cold - which is why I needed to bundle up in a big scarf and my chain of Christmas lights today and go over to the Bonfire with some friends for some hot toddies.

They were my first hot toddies and they might be the perfect drink. I envision drinking a lot of hot toddies this winter.

I have to say that the bartender at the Bonfire was very accommodating, beginning with opening the door for me on my way in and allowing me to plug my Christmas lights into the wall by the jukebox (they keep me warm, too, and they are so pretty). He didn't mind that I was modeling for some picture-taking, and he didn't seem to mind me drinking so much until the end, when he said I was cut off because I wasn't moving like I ought to be. He was probably right - it was starting to make the room spin a little bit...


But I had fun. I laughed with my friends.

I also told them some sad stories and they comforted me.

We ate french fries and watched a group of hippie boys watch us for a while (some people are still surprised to see a robot at the bar, I suppose). They eventually shuffled up to the jukebox and picked some songs. The first song to come on was from Miles Davis's "Bitches Brew" album, a longtime favorite of mine. It always reminds me of my more youthful days in the dorm and comforts me somehow. It was a very long song. In fact, we decided that playing a rambling Miles Davis song on the jukebox is probably the best way to get your money's worth from a jukebox. I will keep that in mind for the future.

Several drinks in, we determined it was time to confront the cold again and head home. I was a little tipsy, so it was good that we were walking. Next time, I think I might play some pool. For today, though, I am a happy, warmer robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment